Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pre-Disney World update




Hello friends and family.






Time is flying by as usual. We had a great vacation in Oregon last month. We camped in Molalla with Sarah's family, visited Seaside (Jarom's first time there), visited Tillamook Cheese Factory, went to "Carlton Fun Days" for the first time, and that was just while I was there! Sarah and the kids hung around for another ten days after I flew home to go back to work. All in all it was a great time. Loranna even started swimming lessons; she is a little fish.


Now we are preparing to go to Disney World with my folks and all my brothers and sisters and their families. Orlando in August will be hot and rainy, but we are expecting to have a great time. We'll be there for a week, then Sarah and the kids will come back to Magna while I spend five days in Wisconsin for the second residency of my master's degree. I'm hoping to keep the 4.0 GPA intact after my summer research class--fingers are crossed!


We were blessed to find a minivan that we could afford and liked. It is a '07 Kia Sedona; I wanted to buy a Toyota or a Honda but I just couldn't spend the money to do so. This car was a steal, so we couldn't pass it up even though we won't really need it until the third kid shows up in November. Sarah sure likes not having to drive me to work anymore!


Take care and we'll post some post-vacation pix later.







2 comments:

Heather Mowrer said...

Congrats on the new car. Now we are mini-van buddies! I don't know how you guys did it. I had to take and pick up Eric for two days this week while the other car was in the shop and I was about ready to snap. I am so jealous of your trip!

The Kirkham Family said...

Hi Webster family! I hope everyone is doing well! Sarah I hope you are feeling well. Jarom, good luck with the rest of your masters. I don't know how you do it with two kids, one on the way, work and church callings. Go you!What a cute family. Let us know how things go as summer winds down.
Lots of love,
Heather